In order to nurture the whole child, Island Children’s School focuses on creating an environment that will help students develop social, emotional, physical and cognitive skills. The teachers prepare students for kindergarten and elementary school by weaving early childhood curriculum into creative and imaginative play.
Throughout the day, students explore thoughtfully designed environments and activities that enhance each student’s sense of self and her or his relationships within the larger world.
Our special features include:
- emphasis on social skills and language development
- focus on our roles in various communities: family, school, island
- daily creative arts activities, including music, movement, fine arts, etc.
- exploration of science through the natural world, including gardening, composting, recycling, nature walks, etc.
- a commercial-free environment
- encouraging healthy and nutritional eating habits